Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy:
Notice and Take Down Procedures, Copyright Agent
NewsWhip respects the intellectual property rights of others and complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998 (DMCA) by having a procedure in place to deal with allegations of copyright infringement and the subsequent removal of infringing material.
Please note NewsWhip does not control content hosted on third party sites that is accessed via NewsWhip Services and cannot remove such content. If you are the owner of content that is being used without your authorization on a third party site, please contact the administration of the relevant third party site directly.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you believe material infringing your copyright is being hosted on a NewsWhip site please contact our Copyright Agent with a notice containing the following information:
- Your contact details including an address, telephone number and email address;
- A description of the allegedly infringing material together with a link to the page where the material is hosted (we need as much information as possible to enable us to identify the infringing material);
- A statement that you believe in good faith, that the material you have identified above is not being used with authorisation from the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act as an agent on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Your e-signature or physical signature.
Newswhip may request additional information from you prior to removing any allegedly infringing material. Where NewsWhip removes the infringing materials NewsWhip may provide the posting party with the complainant’s details to enable the party to respond to the allegations.
Please note that NewsWhip may or may not contact you if we receive a notice regarding allegedly infringing material that you have posted online. NewsWhip reserves the right to permanently delete any material on our site.
Our designated Copyright Agent for notice of claims under DMCA is:
Legal Counsel/ DMCA Agent
NewsWhip US Inc
WeWork 1460 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
For all email submissions please write in the subject line: “DMCA Takedown Request”.