- What information we collect about you and why
- How we use that information and the rights that you have in relation to your personal information.
- This policy covers all personal data created, inputted, submitted, posted, transmitted, stored or displayed by you or your Agents that is processed through the use of websites that link to this Policy, including: https://www.newswhip.com; and https://spike.newswhip.com (collectively referred to as “Websites”) as well as through the use of our Services to which you have subscribed or are registered with. For the purposes of this Policy, our “Services” refer to any services provided by the NewsWhip Group (including Spike, Insights, and/or any API), as more completely described in our Terms of Service. Each Service shall also include any Additional Services. Certain terms that are capitalized in this policy are defined and have the meaning applied in our Terms of Service.
2. Contact us
If you have questions regarding this Policy or about the privacy practices of the NewsWhip Group, please contact us by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +1 917 410 6836
EU Office: 47 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland
US Office: 25 Broadway, New York, NY 10004, USA
‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
’controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data;
‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
4. Information we collect
Information that you provide to us
- Account Information: When you register for a Newswhip Service, we ask for personal information such as your name, e-mail address, location, as well as certain related information like your company name, and (unless you are signed up with a free trial account) credit card information. We also collect personal information such as an email address and a password from any individual authorized to use the Service through your Account as an Agent and/or administrator that you authorize to log into and utilize the Service in connection with your Account. A third-party intermediary is used to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information for any purpose except for credit card processing on our behalf. We refer to any information described above as “Account Information” for purposes of this Policy.
- Communications With Us. When you send an email or other communication to us, including support requests for our Services, we collect the personal information required in order to process and respond to inquiries. You and your Agents may receive occasional marketing communications regarding our products and services. If you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, please contact us at email@example.com or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
- Participation in a survey, promotion, activity or event. You may voluntarily provide us with personal information in the course of participating in a survey, promotion, activity or event. We will only process the personal data in accordance with your reasonable expectations, and for the purposes of the survey, promotion, activity or event in relation to which you have provided your information.
- Job applications. When you apply for a job at Newswhip, we will process the information you provide us with. This includes applications made through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews or by any other method. In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, date of birth qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, and skills and experience. We may also keep a record of your correspondence with us.
Information we collect from your use of our Services and Websites
- Service Data. We collect and store information that is created, inputted, submitted, posted, transmitted, stored or displayed by you or your Agents in the process of using our Services. Such information may include personal information or other sensitive information that you or your Agents choose to include. We refer to any information described above as “Service Data” for purposes of this Policy. All Service Data is subject to our technical safeguards as more fully subscribed in our Terms of Service.
Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used in our Websites, Services or in emails. These assist us in counting visits to our Websites, understanding usage and campaign effectiveness and determining whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our service providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Websites use LSOs such as HTML5 and Flash to collect and store information.
- Log Files. As is true with most websites and services, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol addresses, browser, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data as well as certain personal information such as user name, user email address and other information that may be included in open textual fields. Our application log files are subject to the same strict data security policies and procedures as apply to the application databases for our Services. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the Services that we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or Website functionality.
- Analytics Information. We collect analytics information when you use our Websites and Services to help us improve them. In our Services, analytics information may consist of the feature and function of the Service being used, the associated domain name, the username and IP address of your Agent (which may include personal information if the personal information was incorporated into the username) and additional information required to detail the operation of the function and which parts of a Service are being affected. The analytics information we collect may include elements of Service Data related to the function You or the Agent is performing. As such, the analytics information we collect may include personal information or sensitive business information.
- Blogs and Public Forums. Our Websites and Services may offer publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information provided in these areas might be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Subscriber Testimonials/Comments/Reviews/Feedback. From time to time, we post subscriber testimonials on our Websites that may contain personal information. We obtain the subscriber’s consent to post their names along with their testimonials. If subscribers wish to update or delete their testimonial, they can contact us at email@example.com.
- Other Submissions. Please refer to the Section 3(A): “Information that you provide us”
Personal Information obtained via Third Party Services:
- When you connect with a third party service through our Services and Websites (such as logging in through a social media account), we willaccess and store information connected to this account. This may be your name, email address(es), current city, profile picture URL, or other personal information that the third party service makes available to us. For example, you can log in to our Websites and Services using a sign-in service such as Facebook Connect. You should check your privacy settings on these third party services to understand and change the information sent to us through these services. Facebook Connect (and other similar services) may also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Websites to your profile page and to share with others within your network. Such posting is in your sole discretion and any such posting will be subject to the terms and policies of that third-party service, such as YouTube’s Terms found at https://www.youtube.com/t/terms. You must also comply with NewsWhip’s Terms found at https://www.newswhip.com/newswhip-terms-conditions/
- Usage data. In addition to personal information, we collect data and other information from visitors to our Websites and the users of our Services. This includes, among other things, anonymized information or aggregated data that the NewsWhip Group may collect about a group or category of Services, features or users while you visit our Website or access the Services. We define this information as Usage Data. Usage Data helps us understand trends in usage of the Services so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services. In addition to collecting and using Usage Data ourselves, the NewsWhip Group may share Usage Data with third parties, including our subscribers, partners and service providers, for various purposes, including to help us better understand our subscribers’ needs and improve our Services as well as for advertising and marketing purposes. We may also publish Usage Data to provide relevant information about and to market the Services. Any personal identifying data, such as your name or email address, will not be shared to third parties as a part of the Usage Data. All Usage Data is anonymous.
How we use your personal data
We use the personal information to:
- Enable you and your Agents to access and use our Services;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Provide, operate, maintain, analyze, improve and promote our Services and tailor our Services to our subscribers’ needs;
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Provide customer service and support;
- Provide you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, and promotions;
- Provide other news or information about us; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Services, and other illegal activities; and
- For other purposes about which we will notify you.
To understand how our Websites and Services are being configured and used, how they can be improved, and to develop new services, features and functionality (may include log and configuration data)
Who we share your personal data with
- Third-party service providers. We share information, including personal information, with our third-party service providers (such as credit card processors, managed hosting providers, sub-processors of Service Data, and technology partners) to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and other services that we use to operate our Services and maintain a high-quality user experience. We do not permit our service providers to use the personal information for any other purpose than in connection with the services they provide to us.
- Other Services. You may choose to make use of Other Services in conjunction with our Services. Other Services are third party products, applications, services, software, products, networks, systems, directories, websites, databases and information which our Service links to. When access is granted, certain information in your Account may be shared with the third party, including personal information. The NewsWhip Group does not control the policies and procedures of these Other Services even though the Other Services may be accessed via a link from our Service. This Policy does not cover the collection or use of information, including personal information, by Other Services, and we urge you to consider the privacy policies governing these Other Services.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Our Rights. We disclose personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
5. Your rights
If you are a subscriber to the Services or authorized as an Agent under a subscriber’s account to the Services and would like to opt-out of getting marketing communications from us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Subscribers may access, update or change Account Information they have provided by logging into the Service and providing such additional information where applicable. If you are a subscriber and would like to gain access to, or request deletion of information that the NewsWhip Group has collected ,” please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to such queries within one month. Technical limitations may restrict or eliminate our ability to remove or delete certain Service Data from all systems.If we are unable to execute your request we will inform you as to why within the same time period.
You can also find Google’s security settings page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions.
- Data Export Request. Under GDPR you have the right to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided us. You can also request that this data be changed, updated or removed. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administration, legal or security purposes. Please visit http://go.newswhip.com/GDPR—Right-to-Access.html
- Right to be Forgotten. We are committed to taking reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information requests to be forgotten can be erased in a reasonable time of the request. However, this doesn’t apply to information that you have made public by posting on our forums, blogs, or have made available to third parties yourself since once made public, it falls beyond the reach of what we can erase. We will do everything possible to erase any personal information you may have given us for marketing purposes if you withdraw your consent (opt out) from receiving information for us and request the right to be forgotten. Please visit http://go.newswhip.com/GDPR—Right-to-be-Forgotten.html
Where your personal data is located
When you use the Website or Services, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries.
The NewsWhip Group may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Where information is shared with our third part providers and Newswhip group companies, we ensure that there is a legal mechanism for transfer. Such as, standard contractual clauses or privacy shield.
Protection of Information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. We utilize robust precautions to protect the confidentiality and security of the personal information within our Service, by employing technological, physical and administrative security safeguards, such as firewalls and carefully developed security procedures. For example, when you enter confidential information (such as login credentials or information submitted from within the Service), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). These technologies, procedures and other measures are used in an effort to ensure that your Service Data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you authorized to access your Service Data. However, no internet, e-mail or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Children’s Personal Information
The NewsWhip Group does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our Services, please contact us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information. Subscribers are responsible for establishing policies for and compliance with applicable laws for the collection of personal information in connection with the use of our Services.
Third Party Policies
NewsWhip utilises the YouTube API Services within its Services. Upon accepting these Terms and accessing the Services, You agree to also be bound by YouTube’s Terms of Service, which can be found at https://www.youtube.com/t/termsand is incorporated herein by this reference.
The NewsWhip Group may assign or transfer this Policy, and your Account and related information and data, including any personal information, to any person or entity that acquires all of our or substantially all of our business, stock or assets of, or with whom we merge.
If there are any material changes to this Policy, you will be notified by email, through the Service, or by posting a prominent notice on our Websites prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Last update: May 24, 2018