Sales Development Representative Manager
NewsWhip seeks a Sales Development Representative Manager to join our Sales leadership team and take ownership of our inside sales function in the US, with an immediate focus on managing the team responsible for outbound and inbound opportunity creation.
NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day. We are planning an exciting growth phase for the company, and wish to hire our first Frontline Manager to support this growth.
This role will involve full ownership of creating sales opportunities, reporting to the company’s Vice President of US Sales and working closely with our marketing team, in particular on sales outbound messaging and positioning.
You will take a seat on the US Sales Management Team, and play an active role in developing the company’s go-to-market strategy.
- Coach and develop Associate Account Executives to meet and exceed individual goals
- Ensure that sales qualified leads (SQLs) are converting to opportunities and supporting sales pipeline growth
- Identify opportunities for improvement across outbound and inbound sales operations and make recommendations to leadership for streamlining processes
- Partner closely with marketing to define collateral needs and align with planned campaigns
- Map out and optimize the outbound cadence structure between emails, calls and Linkedin; find the appropriate balance between customized outreach and scale
- Continually analyze data to uncover coaching and prospecting opportunities, and enhance workflow processes
The right candidate will have:
- A minimum of one year of management experience with at least two years in sales development at a SaaS, social or news/media company
- Deep experience with managing and reporting in CRM and email automation platforms
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- A hunger for data and managing the KPIs that drive performance
- A successful track record of meeting and exceeding target activities
- A genuine interest in media intelligence technology and the value it delivers
- Love talking to prospects and understanding their challenges and needs
- Be a news and social media junkie
- Thrive in an exciting, hands on and collaborative startup environment
- Competitive salary
- Remote-first working environment
- Strong commission plan
- Health cover and 401k
- Great working environment (NYC & virtual)
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We monitor millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
We are an ambitious and growing software company, funded by the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press. Our customers include global brands, PR agencies, public institutions and media leaders.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression