Data Analyst – Remote
NewsWhip is looking for a Data Analyst to own business intelligence for our commercial team, enabling various business units to make data-driven decisions.
This role will be responsible for analyzing raw data, interpreting trends, and supporting key business decisions related to Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, and other business functions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to support their daily data and reporting needs, including preparing external usage reports, QBR statistics, and generating reporting for key client and prospect meetings
- Interpret underlying trends from existing databases and reports by partnering with Data Science, Product, and Engineering teams
- Enhance our Customer Success capability by diving deep into engagement and usage data, surfacing trends, and highlighting data-driven recommendations to increase account health
- Improve our new business close rates by analyzing our product trials and all of the various attributes that contribute to converting prospects to customers
- Evaluate our outbound sales cadences and messaging to establish a POV the optimal number of touchpoints, channel composition, etc.
- Attend demo and client calls with Frontline teams as needed to refine the understanding of user insights
- Translate takeaways from analyses to present business recommendations to NewsWhip leadership
- Build visualizations to easily interpret complex data and analysis
- Conduct industry research to identify areas of opportunity or weakness
- Identify opportunities to improve the quality of data, and the processes employed in collecting this data.
- Identify ways data quality can be improved or the data collection process can be improved, and work with colleagues to drive through those improvements.
- 2+ years of experience supporting a SaaS business model
- 2+ years of experience working in data analytics and business intelligence domain
- Expertise in defining and interpreting meaningful metrics and KPIs
- Comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and stakeholders on abstract problems and producing reliable, fast reports to support business needs
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent communication and requirement gathering skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, with ability to spot calculation, format, and logical errors in reports
- Highly organized and effective planning, prioritizing, and follow-up capabilities
- SQL proficiency required
- Modelling and statistical research skills preferred
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- Health cover and 401k
- Great working environment (NYC & virtual)
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression