VP of Engineering
We are seeking a VP of Engineering to play a critical leadership role in our continued business growth and product innovation. You will outline the supporting technology vision and empower our expanding engineering team to achieve it.
As VP of Engineering, you’ll lead the team to constantly innovate our technologies and processes to build and maintain our market-leading products. You will be responsible for making our engineers successful, guiding both the technology decisions and personal development of our team. You will empower and guide them to advance our ambitious product roadmap collaborating closely with the product and design teams.
- Provide leadership and support to our engineers, mentoring and fostering the career growth of each team member and helping them to achieve technical excellence
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to plan and deliver our evolving product roadmap, focused on delivering value to our target market
- Contribute to setting and achieving the overall company vision and direction, inputting to all aspects and championing the technology strategy
- Develop our engineering team and technology partnerships to strengthen the capabilities that are critical to our product and technology strategies.
- Continuously improve our development practices, technical operations processes and infrastructure, encouraging the team to introduce improvements and innovations
- Ensure strong communication and knowledge sharing across all engineers and integrated project teams – facilitating continuous learning and feedback
- Ownership of our overall technology footprint including vendor/partner relationships, cost management, capacity planning and lifecycle management
- Represent NewsWhip with strategic clients, prospects and partners in discussions relating to technological capability and roadmap
- Help NewsWhip excel in a remote first working environment – embracing the benefits of remote working, adapting our communications, processes, culture and team support to thrive
We’re looking for someone who:
- Believes in building a high trust, healthy and respectful work environment that’s both supportive and challenging fostering impactful and happy engineering teams
- Has a track record of defining and achieving ambitious technology strategies to help achieve business and product goals
- Has the technical experience to foster and direct productive technical discussions and decisions, and will work with teams to deliver them
- Has experience and understanding of similar technology stacks – Scala, Kafka and Elastic Search deployed in Google Cloud Platform, using Google Kubernetes Engine and Terraform. As a technology leader, it’s not critical that you know all technologies intimately, but have an appreciation for their pros and cons, and be able to support empowered engineering teams in their effective use.
- Is willing to dig in with the teams when necessary to help debug issues and deliver projects
There are other areas of experience that would also be a plus, such as:
- working in a data analytics-focused business – with large datasets, building analytics and insights from that data
- working in agile development environments with cross-functional teams
- leading remote/hybrid teams, and working to ensure collaboration and communication continues in a remote environment
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual/team performance.
- Excellent working environment with a remote-first culture complemented with great office facilities and social activities
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression