NewsWhip seeks an SVP Marketing to join our leadership team and take ownership of our marketing function, with an immediate focus on our positioning, market awareness, and customer lifecycle marketing.
This role will involve full ownership of our marketing function, reporting to the company’s president and CRO, and working closely with the CEO, particularly on positioning.
You will take a seat on our leadership team, present at meetings of our Board of Directors, and play an active role in developing our investor and market story.
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day.
Our platform is used each day by journalists at hundreds of top tier publications, at 10 of the top 10 global PR agencies by revenue, dozens of international brands, and NGOs, international organisations and not-for-profits.
We are planning an exciting growth phase for the company, and wish to hire our first SVP Marketing to support this growth.
We anticipate three key areas of focus for the first year of this role:
Key Challenge 1: Positioning
Our fastest growing segment is communications teams and in-house agencies at brands. We want to develop clear positioning for this segment that is consistent with our media and PR foundations and goals.
Key Challenge 2: Awareness and Leads
While firming up our positioning, you’ll take on responsibility for driving market awareness and interest from prospective customers. You will leverage our strong owned media channels (blog, whitepapers, social reach, webinars, and newsletters) and our earned connections (including PRovoke, PRweek, the New York Times, The Atlantic, AdAge, Business Insider and Axios).
Key Challenge 3: Customer Lifecycle Management
You will develop a shared vision with our customers on how we can help them succeed and give them new capabilities in their work, and convert this into a complete, on-demand messaging set for their long term success with NewsWhip.
You have owned all of the marketing function (or a key, independent component of the marketing function) for a growth B2B SaaS company.
You have worked in the PR or communications space, or have a good understanding of the dynamics of that space.
You have conducted positioning exercises including key customer personas, use cases, strategic differentiators and other market research.
- Management experience
You have mentored, managed processes, set goals, granted autonomy, and by giving clear direction and feedback, kept your team tightly related to the company’s goals.
- Distribution and Inbound Experience
We have built the vast majority of our business on inbound interest and want to continue and deepen our success with this. You know how the pipes work.
Your skills :
- You are a fantastic copywriter, with an obsession with finding the right description and words.
- You love the process. You can design and run a complex process – whether a positioning exercise or a website redesign – and get it completed on time and on budget.
- Leadership. As well as leading our marketing team, you will have a leadership role in the company. Much of your work will involve stakeholders from across the business, and will be more successful if you can help them see the benefits and vision behind that work.
- You’re an adept problem solver. Our products win over people who want to understand and solve problems rather than just look good at their jobs. You’re one of those people.
- You have hands-on experience with the marketing technologies we use – Marketo, WordPress, Salesforce, Intercom.
- Analysis. You can gather, analyze and make decisions with foundations in the data.
Characteristics we love:
- Positive, supportive. Our team encourages open questions, support for one other, and goes the extra mile.
- Bias to action. You prefer to take action, and to find ways of testing ideas. When needed, you can make the best decision with incomplete data.
- Data informed, not data driven. You incorporate data into all of your decisions, but always with an awareness and curiosity about what the data actually represents.
This role is based in Dublin, but with an expectation that this will involve long term hybrid working (remote first, and in office as needed). Your team will be based in Dublin and New York and will also be hybrid working.
- Attractive salary
- ESOP. You will share in our success
Great bonus plan
- Company pension contribution
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s most exciting companies
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here to Neil our Director of People. Looking forward to speaking 🙂
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.