Senior Product Manager
NewsWhip seeks a Senior Product Manager to join our HQ on Merrion Square. This is a pivotal role with a unique opportunity to shape and change how the world’s leading media, brands and agencies understand and improve content engagement.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for creating value for our customers by understanding and solving their problems with great product experiences. Continuously discovering target customer needs, the person will work with our frontline, design and technology teams to explore, experiment and unlock value. We are looking for a passionate product manager who loves learning from customers and working in brilliant teams to grow a market winning product.
- Identify and validate the market opportunity through a combination of market insight, client research, internal collaboration and performance analysis
- Continuously deepen customer insight and empathy to understand the relevant pains and gains associated with their jobs and identify opportunities for value creation
- Define strategic goals that targets important customer needs with differentiated product value.
- Lead product development, incorporating user-centred design and an agile delivery process. Identify the most valuable product bets to invest in and set clear goals to measure impact and learn.
- Adopt a collaborative and empowering approach to problem-solving by the team, aligned to a clear product focus. Communicate progress, challenges and needs to internal team and leadership.
- Contribute to the product vision and strategic priorities for the product team and business as a whole
- Act as product expert across the business, supporting marketing, sales and customer success
- Work with insights analyst to measure and enhance product impact throughout the product lifecycle, optimising performance KPIs including usage and impact on customer value
- Define and execute the go to market plan (including pricing, comms, support processes) in conjunction with product marketing, sales, customer success and finance
The right candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager with responsibility across the spectrum from customer discovery to impact assessment.
- Experience of adopting user centred design processes to product development from in-depth market and user research through to ongoing voice of the customer initiatives.
- Experience developing innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
- Experience working directly with design and engineering teams on the development of product initiatives, within an agile environment.
- Analytical and results-oriented. Committed to validating the impact of product developments and can make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Experience conducting cost-benefit analysis to estimate the ROI of product features and concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting at all levels in the organisation and to key external customers.
- Organised & motivated – ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and collaborative – willing to adapt in response to changing customer needs and priorities. Comfortable working across a shared product platform where communication and teamwork are critical
- Self-motivated and ambitious – adopts best practice ways of working to maximise impact both personally and from the team. Continuously pushes for a high level of ambition and performance.
- Competitive salary
- Strong bonus plan
- A great working environment in Dublin’s city centre
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
More about NewsWhip:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why people share and engage with news, information and ideas. We build our technology on Merrion Square, in the centre of the city, overlooking one of Dublin’s nicest (and oldest) parks. We have good coffee.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socialising together and enjoy a delicious lunch out together on Fridays, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here, to Neil our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.