Who we are
NewsWhip is a rapidly growing company with big plans. From our HQ in the centre of Dublin, we build software that enables journalists to track news across the globe. Our tools help them identify the most important events of the day and how best to cover them. We work with some of the largest publications and brands across the world, helping them stay ahead of their competition. Since our inception, we’ve won numerous awards for innovation and entrepreneurship.
As a young company, our tech-stack is new and flexible. With no legacy issues, we can build the software we want without compromise – software that sets us apart from the herd. Design is fundamental to this goal and our processes ensure we always put users at the centre of what we build.
Who we’re looking for
At Newswhip we work in agile cycles. Our teams are continuously challenged by new products and features. We’re looking for an experienced designer to lead their team – someone with the drive and creativity to build inspiring solutions across a range of applications.
You’ll own the design output of your team, creating features and setting the direction for the future. You’ll sit in a scrum team, working with colleagues to build software iteratively. You’ll create and test, learning as you go.
You’ll be expected to liaise directly with clients to understand their challenges. You’ll synthesise your findings and design compelling solutions with your team. If you like getting deep into complex problems and working with people to solve them, you’ll be a great fit!
You must be passionate about product design, relentlessly questioning and exploring new options on paper and screen, have great attention to detail, and be curious about users, their behaviours and needs.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design for your team, working with your product manager and scrum team to create powerful software that delights users.
- Work with product managers to set the direction of your product.
- Research directly with our clients; understanding their challenges and using them to frame the problem.
- Run workshops to understand the problem and explore solutions.
- Work with analysts to understand behaviour and feedback.
- Design interfaces from paper to pixel, turning ideas into compelling interfaces.
- Create and run usability testing sessions with users across the globe.
- Collaborate with other designers, supporting each other with feedback and ideas.
- Participate in the development of our user-focused processes.
- Help build a consistent and iterative design system across our products
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years end-to-end product design experience; including research, design and testing.
- A great portfolio of work that demonstrates your love for clean, enticing interfaces. Examples of big-data analysis would be a huge plus.
- Experience balancing the needs of users with business goals.
- Empathy for users and how to foster that in your team.
- Experience dealing directly with clients.
- A strong understanding of UX design principles including Lean UX and Design Sprints.
- Experience with industry-standard design and prototyping tools.
- The ability to talk and think in front-end terms is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile environment is nice but not essential.
- Love all aspects of design and sharing that passion with your colleagues.
- Competitive salary
- Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking 🙂
More about NewsWhip:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why people share and engage with news, information and ideas. We build our technology on Merrion Square, in the centre of the city, overlooking one of Dublin’s nicest (and oldest) parks. We have good coffee.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.