Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Who we are
NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day.
Our platform is used each day by journalists at hundreds of top tier publications, and communications professionals at all 10 of the top 10 global PR agencies, dozens of international brands, and NGOs, international organisations and not-for-profits.
What you’ll do
- Building robust and scalable systems.
- Improving systems + network reliability
- Advancing systems + network observability.
- Ensure scalability, availability, reliability, and security is delivered to all internal and client-serving systems.
- Being part of the tech team, collaborating with development teams and engineers
- Providing mentorship to other team members
- Supporting our development environments
- Performing upgrades to existing infrastructure components
We’re looking for someone who:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of experience designing, building and tuning infrastructure systems
- 5+ years of experience operating complex software systems
- 3+ years of experience on our main infrastructure technologies: Terraform, Nginx, Kubernetes (+Operators)
- Excellent ability to provide effective mentorship to other team members
- Hands-on experience with any of the following:
- Experience support and delivery of SaaS Platforms on the public cloud
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Operator pattern)
- Infrastructure-as-code toolsets (Terraform, Puppet, Ansible)
- Coding and scripting (e.g. Python, Bash, Groovy)
- Databases / Datastores (e.g. ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MySQL, oTSDB, neo4j etc.)
- CI/CD tools (e.g. Github CI, Jenkins, Gitlab etc.)
- Observability tools (e.g. Prometheus, Kibana, Jaeger, Grafana, Sensu)
- Data Pipelines & Workflow management (e.g. Spark, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Airflow)
- Application routing / delivery (e.g. Kong, F5, Nginx)
- Cloud (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Package Management Tools (e.g. Helm, Artifactory)
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based Bonus
- Great working environment, with a remote-first policy, supported by our office in a great location overlooking Merrion Square, in Dublin 2.
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We monitor millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
We are an ambitious and growing Irish software company, funded by the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press. Our customers include global brands, PR agencies, public institutions and media leaders.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression