NewsWhip, the world leader in tracking the social distribution of news and content, is seeking an Account Strategist to develop its new customer relations from our new office in New York.
The Sr. Account Executive is a consultative solutions-oriented sales role that involves demonstrating our platform to qualified leads, gathering customer needs, meeting with, onboarding, and servicing clients at media organizations, brands, and agencies.
This is largely an inside sales role, focused on selling to customers across North America through shared screen and phone. There will also be an in-person component, involving meeting with our higher value potential customers across North America.
The ideal candidate will know SaaS, the PR industry, media, content marketing and social media. They will take time to understand customers’ challenges and pain points, and be ready to show how NewsWhip can improve their business process and bottom line. With technology and support from our product team, they will help transform our customers’ workflows and business practices.
If you love news, social media, comms and marketing, and are passionate about providing cutting-edge solutions in those areas, this role could be for you.
- Manage the full sales process from qualified lead to after sales monitoring
- Demonstrate our technology, through share screen, telephone, and in person
- Understand client needs in the new world of digital/social content
- Deliver sales pitches, presentations, proposals, price quotes and service agreements
- Negotiate pricing for our more complex agreements
- Meet service activity, touchpoint, new business, revenue and retention targets
- Share use cases and success stories with our marketing team
- Consistently track and update sales and customer success activities via our CRM tools
- Provide leadership and guidance to any Business Development Representatives who work with you
The right candidate will have:
- Have at least 4 years inside sales experience at a SaaS, Marketing, PR, Social, or Content company
- Be a top performer, with a track record of outperforming peers by exceeding new business and revenue targets
- Be intellectually curious – NewsWhip is building the future, and you’ll have an input
- Have experience effectively using and reporting via CRM tools
- Thrive in a collaborative startup environment
- Have a real interest in news and social media
NewsWhip is a technology company that recognizes the importance of our sales team. We will support you vigorously, and do everything we can to empower your work.
- Competitive salary
- Strong commision structure to reward you fully for your successes.
- ESOP Participation – a share of the upside you create
- A great working environment on Broadway, New York beside the Charging Bull statue.
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of the sector’s fastest growing companies
Who we are:
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking 🙂