Sales Development Representative
Who we are
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
NewsWhip, with offices in New York and Dublin, is a global leader with clients in hundreds of countries. Our customers include media organisations such as the New York times, agencies including Ogilvy and Edelman, Brands including Ford and Samsung and governments including the UK, France and Singapore.
The SDR (Sales Development Representative) is the first point of contact for sales activities, managing all inbound prospects who contact NewsWhip to request a demo, download marketing material, attend our webinar or visit our website.
- Working with the EMEA/APAC Sales team with an inbound focus (initially) to contact prospects that have engaged with NewsWhip and who will benefit from our platforms.
- Systematically following up over email, the phone and social networks.
Booking demos and meetings with qualified prospects.
- Updating lead, prospect and contact information and tracking activities in CRM.
- Working closely with Sales, Customer Success and Marketing colleagues.
Meeting and exceeding activities and revenue contribution targets
Contributing to individual and team revenue goals.
- Research: markets, prospects, regions, industries, events, competitors.
- Contact leaders and decision-makers across different markets and industries
Responsibilities to include:
- Managing Inbound trial requests: email follow-up, qualification calls, scheduling product demonstrations.
- Support trials: set up teams and accounts, adding detail to user accounts, checking in on progress and supporting queries and feedback.
- CRM (Salesforce) and Sales enablement: creating detailed and clear notes to be added to CRM for handover to AE, adding new contracts/trial data and working with sales enablement tools.
- Whitepaper management: Nurture priority leads with bespoke outreach, mid-level leads with automated campaigns and low-level leads to nurture campaigns.
- List Building and Research: Create lists of accounts (companies and people) to target
- LinkedIn (Sales Navigator) management to find contact details and add to CRM and keep a track of key contacts/advocates who move roles.
- Outbound (to commence after specified time): Work with AEs to target specific industries and sectors, reaching out to carefully selected prospects from their own research and lists provided and crafting messaging model emails, voice mails and video presentations
The right candidate will have:
- A passion to develop a career in sales, is a self-starter, diligent, strong attention to detail, is curious and is coachable.
- Emotional intelligence, good judgement, and knows how to have fun.
- Ideally one year’s sales development, account management or telemarketing experience at a SaaS, social, news/media, or agency. *However, open to graduates/applicants entering full time employment for the first time with the right attitude and attributes.
- A strong consultative selling approach, including ability to listen to and absorb customer questions and problems
- Have successful track record of meeting and exceeding target activities
- Be patient and thorough when identifying, qualifying, and engaging suspects and prospects
- A passion for people. Talking to prospects by phone and engaging in online conversations. A ‘people person’.
- Be effective in using CRM and engagement tools (or willing to learn new tools and technology)
- Thrive in an exciting, hands on, and collaborative startup environment
- Be a news and social media junkie
- Have good technical skills – be able to understand the basics of our technology after our training program, and explain it to others clearly.
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- Great working environment in the heart of Dubin (fully remote currently, with the goal to move to a hybrid role, but dependent on the role/company needs and timing).
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Ireland’s most exciting companies
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.