Product Marketing Manager
NewsWhip is the leading provider of Predictive Analytics for digital and social media. Our global clients in the Communications and Media sectors increasingly rely on our signals to identify and respond to the stories that matter. We also help NGO’s, research agencies and academic partners understand and combat misinformation.
NewsWhip’s first Head of Product Marketing will own the positioning and messaging of all of NewsWhip’s product lines. They will map and understand our customer journey, and develop and deliver messaging that informs our prospects and customers at every stage in their lifecycle.
NewsWhip is a unique technology without a market peer. As such, we are seeking someone who will relish the challenge this presents, and who has the experience and frameworks to systematically learn about our customers, products and markets, and build their plans from first principles.
We also seek someone who is hands on: you will be supported with input from all of our frontline team, our design team, and the New York-based NewsWhip Research Center (NWRC). You will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer (the most senior commercial person in NewsWhip) and also work closely with our Head of Editorial and Research, our Product managers, Sales and Customer Success teams and our founding CEO.
You will have exciting and substantial product launches within your first few months. We will give you the resources, access and support to help you thrive in these projects.
You will own:
- Product Knowledge: Develop in-depth NewsWhip product knowledge, focused on our value to our key customers and personas.
- Market and competitive intelligence: Become the expert on our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; become the in-house expert on competition.
- Buyer journey: Map our buyer’s journey including their decision making process and current sources of information about our products. Partner with our content marketing team for a smooth buyer journey from curiosity about NewsWhip data and insight through to interest in NewsWhip products.
- Product Marketing Content: Produce product marketing materials and sales collateral from ideation to execution, with assistance from our design and product teams.
- Product GoToMarket: Partner with the product team and other stakeholders to develop outcome-driven plans for product and feature launches.
- Sales and CS Enablement: Empower our sales and Customer Success team with the language, concepts and concrete assets that best express our value for customers.
- Case Studies: Help develop Case Studies that clearly convey the value of our products to our users, in partnership with our Customer Success team.
We are seeking a candidate with:
- 4+ years of experience owning the marketing of a digital product, including user research, problem/solution storytelling, linking outcomes to product features. B2B SaaS experience preferred, with software in the communications, analytics or marketing space.
- Excellent writing skills: i.e. clear, “show don’t tell”, can lay out facts and reasoning in steps. Experience in other mediums (audio-visual) a plus.
- Hands on experience. You are resourceful and have a track record of taking full ownership and of getting things done, including the creation of product marketing materials, from idea to production to distribution.
- Analytical skills: comfort with data-informed decision making, first principles problem solving.
- A history of successful collaboration with product managers to understand product vision and direction
- A love of getting the details right along a customer journey, amounting to a clear vision communicated.
- Respect for the work and knowledge of our sales and customer success teams and willingness to listen to their needs in the field.
- An ability to synthesize information, determine priorities, and run your projects with a high degree of independence.
- Experience with some of our key product, marketing and day-to-day technologies (i.e. Productboard, Salesforce, Intercom, Marketo, Excel Keynote/Powerpoint, and WordPress).
- Curiosity and a willingness to accept and learn from mistakes
- Interest in the future of society, social media and media is a big plus and will add a lot to your enjoyment of our work
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual performance.
- Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre with remote working encouraged as appropriate during pandemic, and flexible approach to working from home thereafter.
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil our Director of People. Looking forward to speaking 🙂
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.