NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day.
Our platform is used each day by journalists at hundreds of top tier publications, and communications professionals at all 10 of the top 10 global PR agencies, dozens of international brands, and NGOs, international organisations and not-for-profits.
As an Irish company, our product, design and engineering functions are central to our business. Our design teams spearhead our user focus and our processes ensure we always put users at the centre of what we build. There is a direct link between your work, our customer impact and the continued success of NewsWhip.
At NewsWhip, design is a collaborative and thoughtful process – driven by customer insights.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer who understands the importance of UX research and is excited by spending time with users – getting to know their world intimately and solving their problems. In this role, you’ll have direct access to clients across the globe. The things you learn will influence not only your own product design but our entire corporate strategy. You’ll also have direct access to our executive team who rely on customer insights to inform their business decisions. This really is a great opportunity for a designer who loves user research.
At NewsWhip, you’ll never have to explain the need for design. From the top-down we strive to create user-centred solutions and design plays a fundamental role in facilitating that.
We’re a collaborative bunch. Designers sit with their agile team, working hand-in-hand with developers and Product Managers. Together you’ll be building tools that help our clients understand the fast-paced world of social media. You’ll have the expertise and confidence to lead your team from inception through to wireframes & prototypes.
What you’ll do:
- Research directly with our clients; understanding their challenges and using feedback to design innovative solutions.
- Work with product managers to set the direction of your product.
- Run workshops either with your product team or with clients.
- Work with analysts, using qualitative data to inform design decisions.
- Create and run usability testing sessions with users across the globe.
- Design interfaces from paper to pixel, using our component library to build and iterate.
- Collaborate with other designers, supporting each other with feedback and ideas.
- Participate in the development of our user-focused processes.
- Help build a consistent and iterative design system across our products.
What you’ll need:
- At least 3 years experience applying a range of user research techniques to develop strong customer insights.
- At least 5 years end-to-end product design experience: User Flows, Wireframes, Prototypes. This is not a role for web designers.
- A great portfolio of work that demonstrates your love for user-focused solutions. Examples of designing data-oriented applications would be a huge plus.
- Experience running workshops both internal and with clients.
- Experience running user remote user tests.
- Empathy for users and how to foster that in your team.
- Comfortable working with a design system.
- A strong understanding of UX design principles including Lean UX and Design Sprints.
- Experience with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma or Framer).
- Experience working in an agile environment is preferred but not essential.
- Love all aspects of design and sharing that passion with your colleagues.
- Service Design experience would be a plus too.
- Competitive salary
- Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why people share and engage with news, information and ideas. We build our technology on Merrion Square, in the centre of the city, overlooking one of Dublin’s nicest (and oldest) parks. We have good coffee.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.