Senior Product Designer
NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day.
Our platform is used each day by journalists at hundreds of top tier publications, and communications professionals at all 10 of the top 10 global PR agencies, dozens of international brands, and NGOs, international organisations and not-for-profits.
As an Irish company, our product, design and engineering functions are central to our business. Our design teams spearhead our user focus and our processes ensure we always put users at the centre of what we build. There is a direct link between your work, our customer impact, and the continued success of NewsWhip.
Who we’re looking for:
At NewsWhip, design is a collaborative and thoughtful process – driven by customer insights.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with over 10 years experience building user-focused products. Experience working with Saas tools would be an asset especially in the B2B market.
We’re building an application, not just a list of features. We’re looking for a designer who has experience building tools that people use every day. You’ll be working directly with a product manager and developers to establish an experience for new users that is smooth and engaging – helping them to become experts quickly.
At NewsWhip, you’ll never have to explain the need for research. From the top-down you’ll be expected to make design decisions informed by user research. You’ll have direct access to clients across the globe and what you learn from them will influence not only your own designs but our entire business strategy. You’ll also have direct access to our executive team who rely on customer insights to inform their business decisions. This really is a great opportunity for a designer who enjoys thinking strategically about their product.
We’re a collaborative crew. Designers work directly with their agile team, creating solutions alongside developers and Product Managers. Together you’ll be building tools that help our clients understand the fast-paced world of social media. You’ll have the expertise and confidence to lead your team from inception through to wireframes & prototypes.
What you’ll do:
- Own your problem space and take responsibility for shaping the problem, outlining a strategic solution and seeing it through to development.
- Research directly with our clients; understanding their challenges and using feedback to design innovative solutions.
- Work with analysts, using qualitative data to inform design decisions.
- Design interfaces from paper to pixel, using our component library to build and iterate.
- Run workshops both internally and externally.
- Work with the product team to set the direction of your product.
- Create and run usability testing sessions with users across the globe.
- Collaborate with other designers, supporting each other with feedback and ideas.
- Participate in the development of our UX research processes.
- Help build a consistent and iterative design system across our products.
What you’ll need:
- At least 10 years product design experience: User Flows, Wireframes, Prototypes.
- At least 5 years experience applying a range of user research techniques to develop strong customer insights.
- A great portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to take nebulous challenges and mold them into product features. Examples of designing data-oriented applications would be a huge plus.
- Experience running workshops both internally and with clients.
- Experience running remote user tests.
- Experience advocating user research across sales, development and product teams.
- Comfortable working with a design system.
- Comfortable with a range of UX frameworks including Lean UX and Design Sprints.
- Experience with industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma or Framer).
- Experience working directly with agile teams.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual and team performance.
- Great working environment in the heart of Dublin, with remote working during Covid 19. (We will be adopting a flexible approach to working from home thereafter)
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why people share and engage with news, information and ideas. We build our technology on Merrion Square, in the centre of the city, overlooking one of Dublin’s nicest (and oldest) parks. We have good coffee.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.