Part time office Admin / Finance Assistant
(Maternity cover contract)
NewsWhip is the leading provider of Predictive Analytics for digital and social media. Our global clients in the Communications and Media sectors increasingly rely on our signals to identify and respond to the stories that matter. We also help NGO’s, research agencies and academic partners understand and combat misinformation.
We are looking for an Office Admin/Finance Assistant on a maternity cover contract.
The role will be on a part-time basis, with flexibility over days/hours to be worked.
We’re looking for someone who is first and foremost a self-starter. We would love to recruit an experienced administrator to help to join our friendly Operations team in Dublin. The role would involve general office administration and finance support, so 2 years + experience in a similar role would be ideal.
You will be the ultimate team-mate, able to jump in where needed. You will relish new challenges and be pro-active in dealing with potential issues before they become a problem.
You will own:
- Processing of invoices and preparation of payments on banking software
- Managing office-wide subscriptions (including management of users and payment)
- Supporting the team in organising purchases
- Work with the finance manager to set up billing as new customers come on board, and with other customer billing requirements.
- Working with office suppliers on any issues that may come up
- Monitoring customer access and assisting with maintaining accounts in Salesforce
We are seeking a candidate with:
- A motivated self-starter, decision maker, enthusiastic & energetic, and of course good fun 🙂
- Numerate, with experience of using Excel
- Ability to use considerable judgment & initiative in the course of executing responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken & written
- Strong computer skills, ideally proficient with Google Suite.
- An attention to detail, you enjoy being precise in your work
- Excellent time-management skills
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual performance.
- Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre with remote working encouraged as appropriate during pandemic, and flexible approach to working from home thereafter.
- Friendly, collaborative working culture.
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil our Director of People. Looking forward to speaking 🙂
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.