NewsWhip is seeking an editorial/data journalism intern with a passion for the intersection of communications, journalism, and technology.
What you’ll do
In this internship, you’ll be analyzing and writing about how the media and public are engaging with current events.. The internship will be a mix of researching, writing, and contributing to the NewsWhip blog and longer reports.
In this role, you’ll work with our marketing team to dive into the data that has made the NewsWhip blog a must-read with journalists, editors, PR professionals.. You’ll have hands-on access to our database of what’s capturing attention right now, and be tasked with finding interesting trends in the data and delivering clever insights around them.
Ideally, your writing will be informed not only by data, but also by enthusiasm for and curiosity about the evolving social media landscape across verticals like politics, sports, communications, and more. You’ll also help to craft the best social media/SEO strategy for your stories, making sure they get the attention they deserve.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Current college student or recent graduate. Journalism experience preferred
- A hunger for figuring out what makes stories impactful
- Strong writing and editing skills, along with creative and strategic thinking
- An interest in statistics and analytical skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and adapt to a changing news cycle
- Passionate about start-up culture and being a part of a fast-moving team
3 days per week, 8 hours a day
- Paid internship
- International business experience — our headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland!
- Work with a team that is just as passionate about data and content as you are
- A great working environment on Broadway. Central midtown location, between Penn and Grand Central, with remote working during Covid 19, (we will be adopting a flexible approach to working from home thereafter)
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.