Junior In-House Recruiter
This is an excellent opportunity for a HR/Recruitment professional looking to grow their experience within a growing Irish Technology company. The ideal candidate will be solution focused, tech savvy and keen to learn.. Sound like you?
Who we are
NewsWhip is the leading provider of predictive media intelligence, tracking and predicting engagement with the world’s news stories each day.
>Our platform is used each day by journalists at hundreds of top tier publications, communications professionals at the top 10 global PR agencies, dozens of international brands, NGOs, international organisations and not-for-profits.
You will work with the Director of People recruiting the best talent to join our fast growing Dublin and New York teams. There will be variety in hiring across all our departments, and as such you will gain great insight into all areas of the business.
You will be supported to gain understanding of all roles and depts, and what a successful hire looks like. In time, this role could expand to allow you to have a greater impact on the HR side of the business within our People Operations team.
What you will do
- Manage and drive a full recruitment cycle for our business, partnering with hiring managers, and build out and improve new and existing processes
- Work closely with hiring managers to prioritize hiring needs and build a seamless interview process that helps us bring the best candidates to our teams
- Help initiate creative and scalable changes to our existing recruiting strategy
- Track and analyze metrics and report on hiring progress on a regular cadence
- Concentrate on creating strategic plans for sourcing candidates with diverse backgrounds for each of your roles
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like Finance and Legal, to deliver a high-quality and holistic candidate experience
- Creating and distributing employment-related correspondence, including but not limited to offer letters, forms, visa documentation, onboarding documentation, contract amendments and end of employment documentation
- Grow company employer branding, and look at avenues to promote NewsWhip as a great place to work
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Proven abilities to attract passive candidates and build a diverse pipeline
- An active and data driven approach to problem solving; you enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to better your process to make it more efficient
- A growth mindset and truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (At a fast-growing startup, they often do!)
- Strong technical skills, preferable experience working with HR systems in the past (ideally BambooHR, and JustWorks 🙂 )
- Comfortable supporting with the induction and onboarding of new hires
- An interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, the ability to learn quickly, and no desire to take yourself too seriously 🙂
- Be interested in developing your career into a more rounded People Ops role as you grow in the role.
Who you are
- You bring an understanding and experience in hiring for a variety roles across the business (sales, marketing, tech and product, and leadership roles) in the technology/software industry
- You are a confident and to-the-point communicator, able to attract and win over passive candidates and excite them about NewsWhip
- You have a very structured way of working, being able to prioritise a variety of complex tasks and to complete them diligently
- You are a natural networker. You collaborate efficiently with the Talent Acquisition Managers and you build a trustful relationship with your candidate network, using your talent to engage with candidates
- Ideally with a HR qualification, CIPD or similar.
- A people person. You want to have an impact in the business, making NewsWhip a fun place to work.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual and team performance.
- Great working environment in the heart of Dubin, with remote working during Covid 19. (We will be adopting a flexible approach to working from home thereafter)
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.