NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We mine the millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement. Our goal is to demystify the spread of news, information and ideas in the world.
Our customers include media leaders, Agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
The Insights Analyst will increase NewsWhip’s product value by developing compelling insights that help our clients achieve greater impact with their content.
With the world’s biggest media and social analytics database, we have an unparalleled dataset of content published globally and related social network engagement:
– NewsWhip tracks content published by over 500k news and 300k social media sources worldwide, across 122 countries and 62 languages.
– Our database grows by approximately 3m stories per day, categorised by topic, location, language and format.
The Insights Analyst will play a critical role in the product team unlocking the value of our unique data to solve customer problems.
- Work with our product, design and client-facing teams to develop a deep understanding of the most important questions to answer to enhance our value to our clients
- Determine, develop and implement the appropriate analytical approach, methodologies and toolkit (analytics & visualisation) to extract the maximum insight from our data
- Work with our backend data team to effectively source, clean and process data
- Optimise the impact of the insight through effective storytelling and data visualisation
- Adopt an iterative approach to refine the insight including client feedback, performance in content marketing activities and product prototyping
- Work with product and design teams to build prioritised insights into our products. Ensure the experience is designed to facilitate continuous feedback and optimisation
- Contribute to and support NewsWhip’s Research Centre, focused on publishing actionable insights for publishers, agencies, and brands seeking to master creating content with measurable impact and ROI.
- Identify candidate insights suitable for scaling/automating with ML solutions and work with ML team to refine, test and deliver
The right person will have:
- Extensive experience in creating data-driven insights for clients (in a product or service offering) that deliver impact
- Excellent communication skills – proven ability to tell a compelling story with data to enable better decision making by clients
- Data reporting & visualisation skills with the ability to present complex data problems in an easy-to-understand, digestible way using most relevant reporting tools and interactive, visualisation techniques. Experience with industry standard visualisation tools (e.g. R, Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI etc.)
- Data extraction, transformation and analytics skills. 4+ years experience in relevant data analytics role using industry standard extraction analytics/BI tools. (e.g. SQL, R, SAS) in context of deriving analytic insights. Comfort with extracting and transforming large structured and unstructured data sets (experience with Elastic Search and Kibana preferable)
- Statistical skills specifically with regression models. The applicant must understand the underlying assumptions of statistical tests and how they can be validated
- Teamwork and passion. Strong track record in working with multi-disciplinary teams (business and technical). Experience within the publishing, data journalism or business Intelligence sectors a plus
- Self-sufficient, fast learner. Ability to work under limited supervision, the analyst must quickly develop an in-depth of NewsWhip’s data environment and devise frameworks to investigate ambiguous strategic questions
- Competitive salary
- Bonus for individual performance
- ESOP Participation – a share of the upside you create
- Great working environment in Dublin’s city centre
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
More about NewsWhip:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why share and engage with news, information and ideas. We build our technology on Merrion Square, in the centre of the city, overlooking one of Dublin’s nicest (and oldest) parks. We have good coffee.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter expressing why you’d be great in this role to our Head of Talent, Neil, here.