Customer Success Manager
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will be responsible for training and supporting our customers. We want to ensure that they get the most out of our products and you will be there every step of the way to make sure they get value from our service.
Our goal is to keep delivering value to our customers with each interaction. The CSM will be making sure that the customer understands how best to utilise our platforms, track user engagement, answer any queries and communicate crucial feedback to our product and development teams.
What you’ll do
- Ensure our new and old customers grasp how to use our technology to make their lives better each day.
- Present compelling and accessible training sessions/product feature walkthroughs in a confident, well-informed manner – currently by shared screen demos or by phone, but in the future this will again include in-person meetings.
- Proactively share best practices in newsgathering and story discovery with our customers.
- Accumulate a wealth of knowledge about our platform and our applications including Spike, Insights and our API.
- Answer customer questions and communicate the value of our products – currently by shared screen demos or by phone, but in the future, this will again include in-person meetings.
- Have strong negotiation skills, and be comfortable discussing financial options. You will own the renewal business for your designated accounts and up-sell and cross-sell opportunities in the portfolio of accounts by building consultative relationships.
- Take full ownership of your Accounts, with the ability to resolve challenges as they appear through your excellent problem-solving skills.
- Learn success stories and new use cases for our technology from our customers, and share these with our internal and marketing team
- Ultimately you will be responsible for retaining customers, and also discovering new opportunities for customers to use our technologies.
What you’ll need:
- Have 1+ years’ Account / Relationship Manager experience in a fast-moving SaaS-type/start up environment.
- Have 1+ years of presenting in person and virtually to small and large groups of clients and consider yourself an expert in presentation capabilities. You must be extremely confident and willing to jump in with both feet with little supervision when engaging with clients. Many of our meetings include being able to think quickly on your feet and deviating from your meticulously prepared material. This skill also extends to being comfortable talking to clients from many countries and professions. Our client base is varied in terms of industries and locations, including online journalists in Japan, editors in Vancouver, US Fortune 500 corporate communicators, viral video creators in Finland, big PR and marketing firms around the world.
- Be sharp and intellectually curious – NewsWhip is building an industry-defining product, and you’ll have an input on how it takes shape.
- Be a great problem solver. You will own an issue from start to finish and be sure it’s resolved. Being able to think through obstacles quickly and come up with smart options are key components to be successful in problem-solving
- Have brilliant, expedient communication skills. You will have to explain solutions and methodologies competently and concisely – but also understand that time is of the essence in many situations
- Be conscientious. You will have to resolve queries from beginning to end, which will involve persistence and liaising with different members of our teams. This includes being detail-oriented on contract paperwork and in other written communications with clients.
- Enjoy and thrive in a collaborative startup environment.
- Have a genuine interest and knowledge of news, internet culture and social media.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based Bonus
- Great working environment, with a remote-first policy, supported by our office in a great location overlooking Merrion Square, in Dublin 2.
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of Dublin’s fastest growing home-grown companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression