NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, PR agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
NewsWhip is seeking a Content Strategist, to help our team tell NewsWhip’s story and receive hands-on experience building an influential brand in the communications space.
You will create client testimonials (from the world’s leading brands & agencies), run client interviews, work on developing external research and analysis, run the company’s social channels, contribute to the blog/newsletter, and assist the marketing team with events and various PR initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has worked in the field of communications and PR, and is interested in how data and insight is transforming that field, and wants to be part of that transformation.
What the right candidate will have:
- Tremendous curiosity, energy, and enthusiasm to learn and drive our business forward
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to pull complex insights from large data sets, and translate it to meaningful narratives
- Interest in social media, communications and social technology
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a role that requires fast and insightful writing, and making complex ideas simple to understand
- Experience collaborating with clients or partners on joint projects
What a standout candidate might have:
- Experience working at a PR agency or in-house communications role
- Degree in communications, journalism, or marketing
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud products
The right candidate does not need to have every requirement or experience listed, just a passion for learning and a desire to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Create marketing assets such as case studies, product descriptions, whitepapers, marketing collateral and blog posts
- Assist in the creation of our PR and media newsletters
- Create competitive reports to market our products and exhibit the value of our social data
- Run company social accounts and posting strategy
- Assist with copywriting and design for the NewsWhip website
- Ad-hoc opportunities to work with product and sales teams to gain new skills
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Great working environment on Broadway at the Financial District
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
Who we are:
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a workweek isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.