Content Strategist – Brands
NewsWhip is seeking a Content Strategist, to help build our brand by create compelling and useful insights for communicators based on our data, insight and market knowledge.
This will include creating white papers on critical topics (like brand crises, or misinformation), contributing to our blog and newsletters, creating client testimonials and case studies from the world’s leading brands, providing data to media partners on topical events, and assisting the marketing team with events and various brand initiatives.
Our ideal candidate has worked in the field of communications, is interested in how data and insight is transforming that field, and wants to be part of that transformation.
What the right candidate will have:
- Tremendous curiosity, energy, and enthusiasm to learn and drive our business forward
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to pull complex insights from large data sets and translate it to meaningful narratives
- Interest in the interplay of news, social media, communications in our new media ecosystem
- 1-2 years experience working in a role that requires clear and insightful writing
- Experience collaborating with clients or partners on joint projects
What a standout candidate might have:
- Experience creating content to build relationships with today’s leading brands
- Degree in communications, journalism, or marketing
- Experience using Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Mailchimp and Marketo
The right candidate does not need to have every requirement or experience listed, just a passion for learning and a desire to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a solid understanding of the reputation and communications needs of consumer brands in the new media ecosystem, through interviews and research
- Create clear and compelling content to address those needs, across multiple channels: social, blog, case studies, website, whitepapers and general marketing collateral
- Create competitive reports to market our products and exhibit the value of our social data to brands
- Analyze content marketing data to identify trends, gaps with existing coverage and anticipate customer needs
- Assist marketing team with copywriting
- Ad-hoc opportunities to work with product, sales and customer success teams to gain new skills
- Competitive salary
- Performanced-based bonus
- Health Cover and 401k
- Great working environment (NYC & virtual)
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We monitor millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
We are an ambitious and growing Irish software company, funded by the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press. Our customers include global brands, PR agencies, public institutions and media leaders.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a workweek isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression