Business Development Representative, Dublin
NewsWhip is looking for a Business Development Representative to join our Dublin based team. As a BDR you’ll be looking to find and engage “good fit” companies through strategic prospecting.
NewsWhip is the leading technology used for tracking what matters in the world each day. Our technology mines signals from social networks that reveal the stories, events and people driving discussion and engagement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely and collaboratively with an assigned Sales Representative(s) to develop and implement appropriate prospect strategies and plan
- Outreach to prospects that will benefit from NewsWhip’s platforms.
- Conduct high volume prospecting for qualified leads (between 40 and 60 calls per day)
- Systematically following up via phone, email and social networks.
- Booking demos and meetings with qualified prospects.Crafting messaging and talking points, model emails, voice mails and presentations.
- Updating lead, suspect and contact info and tracking sales activities in CRM tools.
- Meeting and exceeding activities and revenue contribution targets.
- Contributing to individual and team revenue goals.
The right candidates will:
- Have at least one year sales development, account management or telemarketing experience at a SaaS, social, news/media, or agency.
- Have a strong consultative selling approach including ability to listen to and absorb customer questions and problems.
- Have successful track record of meeting and exceeding target activities.
- Be patient and thorough when identifying, qualifying, and engaging suspects and prospects.
- Love talking to prospects by phone and engaging in online conversations.
- Be effective in using CRM and engagement tools.
- Thrive in an exciting, hands on, and collaborative startup environment.
- Be a news and social media junkie.
- Have good technical skills – be able to understand the basics of our technology after our training program, and explain it to others.
- NewsWhip is a technology company that recognises the importance of our sales team. We will support you vigorously, and do everything we can to empower you.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.
- Competitive salary including bonuses for company targets.
- Ownership. Participation in our ESOP (Employee Share Option Plan) after 6 months.
- A chance to work with a rapidly expanding and energised startup in the heart of Dublin city. We like our healthy, delicious snacks and damn good coffee.
NewsWhip is a technology company that recognises the importance of our sales team. We will support you vigorously, and do everything we can to empower your work.
How do I apply?
Please send a resume and one-page cover letter to us via firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Business Development Representative.
We’ll get back to you quickly, and all applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Thanks very much for reading – and if this job isn’t for you, we’d be grateful if you’d pass it on to someone you know who fits the bill!