Associate Account Executive
NewsWhip seeks an Associate Account Executive to join our Sales team in New York. This is a unique opportunity to shape and change how the world’s leading media, agencies and brands communicate and interact with information.
The Associate Account Executive is the first point of contact for sales activities, reaching out to carefully selected prospects from their own research and lists provided.
- Outreach to prospects that will benefit from NewsWhip’s platforms
- Systematically following up via phone, email and social networks
- Booking demos and meetings with qualified prospects
- Giving demos, making presentations, and helping to close deals
- Crafting messaging talking points, model emails, voice mails and presentations
- Updating lead, suspect and contact info and tracking sales activities in Salesforce
- Working closely with sales reps, marketing and customer success team members
- Meeting and exceeding activities and revenue contribution targets
- Contributing to individual and team revenue goals
The right candidate will have:
- One year’s sales development, account management or telemarketing experience at a SaaS, social, news/media, or agency
- Have experience in selling SaaS in media / communications industry
- Have a strong consultative selling approach including ability to listen to and absorb customer questions and problems
- Have successful track record of meeting and exceeding target activities
- Be patient and thorough when identifying, qualifying, and engaging suspects and prospects
- Love talking to prospects by phone and engaging in online conversations
- Be effective in using CRM and engagement tools
- Thrive in an exciting, hands on, and collaborative startup environment
- Be a news and social media junkie
- Have good technical skills – be able to understand the basics of our technology after our training program, and explain it to others
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- Health cover and 401k
- Great working environment (NYC & virtual)
- An opportunity to help define an entirely new industry category
Who we are:
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We monitor millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
We are an ambitious and growing software company, funded by the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press. Our customers include global brands, PR agencies, public institutions, and media leaders.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative.We also love eating and socializing together, annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil, our Head of Talent. Looking forward to speaking to you!
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.