Associate Account Executive
NewsWhip is the leading technology for identifying and tracking the stories that matter in the world each day. We track millions of signals produced every day from social networks that reveal the articles, events, and people driving discussion and engagement.
Our customers include media leaders, agencies, Fortune 500 companies, political consultants, and governments. Our financial backers include the world’s leading news agency, The Associated Press.
The Associate Account Executive is the first point of contact for sales activities, reaching out to carefully selected prospects from their own research and lists provided.
- Outreach to prospects that will benefit from NewsWhip’s platforms
- Systematically following up via phone, email and social networks
- Booking demos and meetings with qualified prospects
- Giving demos, making presentations, and helping to close deals
- Crafting messaging talking points, model emails, voice mails and presentations
- Updating lead, suspect and contact info and tracking sales activities in Salesforce
- Working closely with sales reps and customer success team members
- Meeting and exceeding activities and revenue contribution targets
- Contributing to individual and team revenue goals
The right candidate will have:
- One year’s sales development, account management or telemarketing experience at a SaaS, social, news/media, or agency
- Have experience in selling SaaS in media / communications industry
- Have a strong consultative selling approach including ability to listen to and absorb customer questions and problems
- Have successful track record of meeting and exceeding target activities
- Be patient and thorough when identifying, qualifying, and engaging suspects and prospects
- Love talking to prospects by phone and engaging in online conversations
- Be effective in using CRM and engagement tools
- Thrive in an exciting, hands on, and collaborative startup environment
- Be a news and social media junkie
- Have good technical skills – be able to understand the basics of our technology after our training program, and explain it to others
- Competitive salary
- Strong commission plan
- Health plan will be provided, as well as other benefits.
- Great working environment in the heart of NYC
- An opportunity to help define an entire new industry category
- Excellent opportunity to grow in one of New York’s most exciting companies
Who we are:
NewsWhip is an ambitious Irish software company, focused on deepening our understanding of how and why people share and engage with news, information and ideas. We build our technology on Merrion Square, in the centre of the city, overlooking one of Dublin’s nicest (and oldest) parks. We have good coffee.
We believe in maintaining a friendly work environment, a healthy work-life balance, and compensating our employees fairly for their input. You’ll be part of a team that believes in mutual support and education, and for a company where a work week isn’t just the gap between weekends, but an opportunity to do work that is impactful and innovative. We also love eating and socializing together, and enjoy annual and seasonal company and team retreats, healthy and unhealthy snacks, and other perks.
If this is you, please apply here through the link, to Neil our Director of People. Looking forward to speaking 🙂
NewsWhip is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.